“What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.” – Nelson MandelaEach year every July 18, The United Nations Association of Nigeria celebrates the Nelson Madela Day. This year, Mandela Day calls on us to Take Action Against Poverty and make the world a better place every day.
In partnership with the South African Consulate Lagos, United Nations Information Center (UNIC) and the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs (NIIA), we will host the 2019 Nelson Mandela Day in Lagos Nigeria.
- Darley Africa – South Africa Consul General
- Mr. Ronald Kayanja – Director UNIC,
- Amb Ayo Olukanni – D/G NACIIMA and BOT UNAN
- Prof Bola Akinterinwa – Former D/G NIIA and President/CEO BOCIDASS
- Amb (Dr) Tunde Bade-Afuye – Author of Rise & Fall of Apartheid
- Amb Olusegun Akinsanya (Secreretary, Retired Career Ambassadors, Lagos Chapter) – Chairman of Event